The Prevention Plan
Consent to Participate
Before enrolling and participating in The Prevention Plan, all participants are required to provide their informed consent to participate and receive Prevention Plan services. Please review this Consent carefully. Do not accept the terms of this Consent if you have any questions or do not understand its contents or the nature and scope of services offered as part of The Prevention Plan. By clicking "I Accept" at the bottom of this page, you indicate that you have read and understand this Consent and agree that:
1. U.S. Preventive Medicine ("USPM") will enroll you in The Prevention Plan and make available to you the services described in the Prevention Plan Member Brochure. A copy of the Member Brochure is available at our website at www.uspreventivemedicine.com.
3. USPM's recommendations and programs are based on current professional literature and offer general advice and guidance on improving your health. The Prevention Plan (including Your Health Dashboard, the Recommended Risk Strategy and Reduction Programs, and the Physician Review Comments and Coaching Services provided as part of The Prevention Plan) is not a substitute for regular consultations with and treatment by your physician.
4. You should share your Prevention Plan Report with your personal physician as soon as possible after receipt and follow his or her advice regarding your treatment. Guidance provided by USPM is based upon data provided by each Participant and may not take into account important information that is available to your physician. Regular consultation with your personal physician is essential to your health and to the effectiveness of The Prevention Plan in helping you enjoy More Good Years.
5. It is your obligation to provide complete, accurate and up to date information to USPM for use in preparing your Prevention Plan Report and related recommendations. If there are any changes in your health or condition, you should promptly alert your personal physician.
6. The Prevention Plan is not intended to diagnose or treat, and does not diagnose or treat, illness, injury or disease.
7. USPM is not responsible for the acts and omissions of its independent contractors who provide services through The Prevention Plan.
8. Web-based content and educational materials are provided for your convenience. USPM is not responsible for the content of such materials or for the performance of its outside prevention partners (such as health clubs and weight loss programs). USPM's prevention partners are independently contracted third parties whose services are not controlled or sponsored by USPM.
9. The Prevention Plan sponsors various drawings/contests throughout the year based on member registration and participation. Members who are randomly selected as winners will have their name, city and state published on The Prevention Plan website, identifying them as a winner of said drawing/contest. If you prefer to not be identified as a winner and have your name, city and state published, you can opt out of these drawings at anytime by sending an email to MemberCare@thepreventionplan.com stating your wish to opt out of all Prevention Plan sponsored drawings/contests.
10. If you have questions about The Prevention Plan or the nature and scope of its services, please contact USPM's Member Care toll-free at (866) 713-1180.
11. Special Provisions for Consumer Members of The Prevention Plan:
A. Fees and Payments. Use of this website, the USPM services and The Prevention Plan™ are available to subscribers who have paid for the right to use these services. Access to the website, the USPM services and to The Prevention Plan™ is limited to those subscribers whose accounts are in good standing. A subscriber’s account may be suspended by USPM for non-payment at anytime, without Notice to the subscriber. You agree to pay the subscription fees and any other charges incurred in connection with your subscription to the Prevention Plan™ and the USPM services at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. If your subscription includes access to areas containing premium content or services, your access to such areas may be subject to additional fees, terms and conditions, which will be separately disclosed in such areas. We will bill all charges automatically to your credit card. Subscription fees will be billed at the beginning of your subscription or any renewal. Unless we state in writing otherwise (see the USPM “Cancellation Policy”), all fees and charges are nonrefundable. We may change the fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges, by giving you notice in advance. If you want to use a different credit card or there is a change in credit card validity or expiration date, or if you believe someone has accessed a Service using your user name and password without your authorization, you must follow the procedures outlined in the Help section. You are responsible for any fees or charges incurred to access a Service through an Internet access provider or other third-party service.
B. Renewal. Your annual subscription will renew automatically, unless we terminate it or you cancel your subscription to The Prevention Plan™ according to the terms of our Cancellation Policy in section 12. You must cancel your subscription before it renews to avoid a cancellation charge and/or subscription fees for the renewal term to your credit card.
C. Cancellation Policy.
1. INITIAL ENROLLMENT OR PARTICIPATION: You may cancel at anytime within the first three (3) days of the initial purchase. ALL SALES ARE FINAL THREE DAYS AFTER PURCHASE. Any cancellation beyond that period will result in the purchaser being charged for the entire program for the initial year. Upon cancellation, your credit card will be billed for the balance of the program’s initial year charge, less any amounts previously paid on the initial enrollment or participation.
2. RENEWAL: Your membership will be automatically renewed at the end of your annual payment plan and converted to a monthly payment plan. You will be billed for the first two months at the prevailing rate and monthly thereafter so you may continue to receive the many benefits from The Prevention Plan. You may cancel at the end of the initial participation period without any additional charges incurred. If you cancel your membership on any date after the first day of your monthly renewal billing cycle (your monthly billing cycle will begin on the first day of your renewal term, which is the first day following the anniversary of your initial enrollment, and on the same day of each month thereafter), you will be charged for the entire month. In addition, if you cancel after your renewal date, and if lab work has been initiated, you will be charged the monthly fee for the current billing cycle and a one-time cancellation fee of $75. If renewal lab work HAS NOT been initiated, and cancellation occurs after the 1st day of your monthly billing cycle, you will be charged only the monthly fee for current billing cycle. To cancel, you must provide U.S. Preventive Medicine with verbal and written Notice of Cancellation within those three business days by doing one of the following:
Call a Member Care representative at 866-713-1180 as well as send an e-mail to: MemberCare@thepreventionplan.com
Call a Member Care representative at 866-713-1180 as well as send a dated letter by certified or overnight mail to:
The Prevention Plan
Customer Care Center
12740 Gran Bay Parkway
Jacksonville, FL 32258
In the event blood work was drawn, either at the workplace or a laboratory, you are responsible for costs incurred by the lab that contracts with U.S. Preventive Medicine to provide those services. If you follow this policy, you may expect a full refund to be credited to your debit or credit card provided at registration within 30 days following receipt of your Notice of Cancellation.
12. I have read this Consent and I fully understand its contents. I have had the opportunity to ask questions and have received satisfactory answers to my questions, if any. I am voluntarily accepting this Consent and agree to be bound by its provisions.
You should print and retain a copy of this Consent for your records. You will also be able to review a copy of this Consent as part of your Prevention Plan Report.
 Individual Members who have purchased The Prevention Plan directly from USPM and who are not part of an employer-sponsored or governmental group or association.
 Not Applicable to sales made through Sam's Club to Sam's Club members. Sam's Club terms for returns and refunds will apply to these sales.